01 02 03 Bookish Wanderess: Let's Put Music to the Book: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Let's Put Music to the Book: A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas

34






I think I have never said this before on the blog, but I love making playlists for books. It's one of my favorite things, I scroll through what feels like hundreds of songs to find the right ones. I'm realy picky! I decided I'm gonna start sharing those playlist here on the blog and it's gonna be a new feature called Let's Put Music to the Book. I hope you enjoy it!




Wolves Without Teeth by Of Monsters and Men 

"And I run from wolves
Breathing heavily
At my feet
And I run from wolves
Tearing into me
Without teeth" 

Because Feyra ran from Tamlin and from how toxic their relationship became. The 'tearing into me without teeth' for me is about how there was emotional abuse more than physical.

Of The Night by Bastille

"This is the rhythm of the night
The night, oh, yeah
The rhythm of the night

This is the rhythm of my life
My life, oh, yeah
The rhythm of my life

Won't you teach me how to love and learn?
There'll be nothing left for me to yearn
Think of me and burn and let me hold your hand
Oh, yeah-ah-eh"

This song reminds me of the scene where they all dance during the Starfall part of the book. Also, about the scene where it was just Rhys and Feyre during Starfall. 



Night Time by The XX 

"You mean that much to me
And it's hard to show
Gets hectic inside of me
When you go
Can I confess these things
To you
Well I don't know
Embedded in my chest
And it
Hurts to hold"

Feyre went to the Night Court because of the bargain and Rhys took her back to the Spring Court because she wanted to, even if he saw she wasn't well there. He couldn't explain, it wasn't the moment to tell her the truth and this part of the song reminds me of that. Also, it kind of reminds me of Azriel and Mor. 

Cold by Rae Morris Ft Fryars

"And I won't ever change my mind
'Cause I'm so tired of being your love
'Cause you've gone cold
Cut me and my blood runs
Cut me and my blood runs cold for you"

"(You fell for my charm and my affection)
I fell for you, I fell for you
(I fell for a taste of your complexion)
I fell for you, I fell for you
(You fell for my undivided attention)
But it didn't last
But it didn't last long"


This reminds me of the relationship betwen Tamlin and Feyre at the beginning of the book, especially, '(You fell for my undivided attention) But it didn't last, But it didn't last long'


Love Out of Lust by Lykke Li

"We will live longer than I will
We will be better than I was
We can cross rivers with our will
We can do better than I can
So dance while you can
Dance cause you must
Love out of lust
Dance while you can"

This just reminds me of Rhys and Feyre... and maybe a bit about Cassian and Nesta. 


A Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay

"Cause you're a sky
Cause you're a sky full of stars
I want to die in your arms, arms
Cause you get lighter the more it gets dark
I'm going to give you my heart"

Again, this reminds me of Rhys and Feyre. Everything reminds me of Rhys and Feyre, ok? 


Salvation by Gabrielle Aplin 

“Those wild eyes
A psychedelic silhouette
I never meant to fall for you but I
Was buried underneath and
All that I could see was white
My salvation
You are the snowstorm
I'm purified
The darkest fairytale
In the dead of night”


And here we go again... Rhys and Feyre. 


Labels:

35 36 37 38