01 02 03 Bookish Wanderess: Good Books/ Bad Covers # 3 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Good Books/ Bad Covers # 3

34



Good Books / Bad Covers is a new feature/weekly meme here at Bookish Wanderess. The idea behind it is to say "Hey, I know this book has a really bad cover, but the book itself is really good. You should read it!" So every monday I will be choosing one book or book series that I read and really liked, but it has a really bad cover, and I will talk about why that book deserves a chance even if the cover is so bad that I wouldn't pick the book up in a bookstore even if it was free. Everyone is welcome to join this meme, I just ask that you link back to me in your post.

Hey guys! I'm back with a new Good Books/ Bad Covers post. This week I want to talk about a book series that I love by an author that I adore, and it is The Darkest Minds series by Alexandra Bracken. I choose this series for 3 reasons: 1) The cover of the first book was alright, but it went down hill from there. The cover of the second book was not ugly, but not pretty either, and the cover of the third book, at least for me, was really bad. 2) I think this series deserves better covers, I just don't think they do justice for the story. 3) If I were in a bookstore, I wouldn't pick them up. 

Here are the covers: they aren't terrible, but they could be so much better!


I know a lot of people read this when it came up, because it was really hyped. But, I can understand why someone that has not read them, may not pick these books up in a bookstore. H
ere are some reason to ignore the covers and read the books:


- The writing is amazing! Alexandra Bracken is really talented. 

- The concept and plot are really original, interesting and captivating. You will want to know more about whats happening in this world, and about all the the different powers. 

-The characters are incredible. You will get really attached to them  and you are gonna suffer because of it. Even the characters that you are supposted to hate , were so well written that you will love to hate them. 

- There's a road trip in the first book! I don't know about you, but I love books with road trips in them. I think you get to know a lot about  the characters by the way they act in a road trip. 

-These books are thought provocking. A lot of sad and complex things happen. 


And that's it! If you haven't read these books because of their covers, please do it!

I hope you enjoyed this post! If you make a Good Books/ Bad Covers post, please let me know in the comments, I would love to check it out! 

Labels:

35 36 37 38