01 02 03 Bookish Wanderess: Disappointing Books | Bookish List 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Disappointing Books | Bookish List

34




I saw a few people on booktube doing this and I thought it would be a post that would generate a lot of discussion and I would LOVE to talk to you guys, so I decided to do it. These books are books that,at one point in my life, I had huge expectations for and that I ended up not enjoying as much as I thought I would.  Most of them still got really good ratings, but I just expected more from them. 


Me, Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
I had heard so many great things about this book that I was expecting to love it. I actually really enjoyed it, but I couldn’t connect with the characters and I felt like the plot, especialy at the beggining, wasn't going anywhere. Full Review.




Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes
I couldn’t get into this book and I even stopped for two month after the first half before finishing it, because I wasn’t enjoying it that much. When I picked it up again I got a lot more into it, and after finishing it, I do plan to continue with the series. I just felt like I couldn't connect with the characters and the book needed more world buiding. Full Review.



The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
There wasn't anything particularly wrong with this book, I just thought it wasn't enough; it was not good enough to be the ending. I still really liked it, I felt like it was more about the characters and the relationships that hadn't been explored before or dealt with before and that was really good. But so much of the book was spent in little quests, that the main one that was supposed to be almost impossible to win was over in the blink of an eye, the action part of this book was actually a bit disappointing 

The Giver by Lois Lowry
When I read this book, I had heard so many good comments about it that my expectations were really high, and sadly I was very disappointed.  I felt like this book was just the first 25% of a book, like it was an introduction and all the other parts of the book were missing. I felt like there wasn’t enough character development and there wasn’t enough world building. This book needed  more pages.


Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep
A lot of people don’t know the Mythos Academy series, and I used to recommend it often because I enjoyed the first couple of books a lot, but the last books were really disappointing. Killer Frost is the final book in the series and I just felt it was really repetitive and I got bored reading it. Defenitely my least favorite of the series. 


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I really liked this books, don't get me wrong. Honestly, I felt dissapointed when I started to read this book,  because I had heard so many wonderful things about ita nd I just wasn't connecting with it at all. I think this was in big part because of the slow pace, but then it got better and I started to get into the story. By the time I got to the last 30 pages I was crying uncontrollably.


The Death Cure by James Dashner
I wasn’t really happy with the way this series ended, I was expecting so much more and this was definitely my least favorite book of the series. I was especially disappointed about the way things ended between Thomas and Teresa.




Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan
I had big expectations for this book and I just didn't connect with it. I think in part it was because even if I had not watched the movie when I read the book, I knew who played the characters in the movie and they didn't look how I imagined Nick and Norah when I was reading. I think I  couldn't focus in the book and I was left really disappointed.  This was more a personal thing, I guess. 


Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
I didn’t enjoy this book at all; the way this series ended actually left me frustrated for weeks, I couldn’t stop thinking about all the things I didn’t like about it. I feel like this book had to be longer and there are a lot of things I would change about it. This was the first book I remember feeling really disappointed about. 



So, I want to talk to you guys! Leave your comments about your disappointing books. Tell me if you were disappointed by some of the books I mentioned in this post, too. Or if you disagree with me and you love  one of these book. 

Labels:

35 36 37 38