01 02 03 Bookish Wanderess: December 2015 Wrap Up 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

December 2015 Wrap Up

34


It's been a while since I made a wrap up post, but I'm glad to be making on for december because I read a lot of good books that month. 

Favorite of the Month


    The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
I really liked this books because it has an interesting world, an intriguing mystery and great character development. I would recommend this book to fantasy fans that enjoy stories with  a slower pace, but also to Throne of Glass fans, I'm not sure why, but it reminds me of it a little bit. 

   Rating: 4,5 stars



Read This Month


Vicious by V.E. Shwab
I had tried to read a Victoria Shwab book before and didn't like it at all, but I decided to give this a chance and it didn't disappointed me. It had an amazing concept and  fascinating characters. If you like books with villains as main characters, I would totally recommend this!

                                      Rating: 4,2 Stars 



The Book of Ivy  by Amy Engel

I had not read a dystopian book in a long time, and I was a bit esceptical when I started this book, but I ended up enjoying it a lot. It was a quick read, thought provoking and  romance-heavy (in a good way!).

              Rating: 4 Stars



The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel

I liked the first book in this series a lot more this one. Even if The Revolution of Ivy had a lot more action and had some new characters that added a new dinamic to the story, I had some problems with the pace and the world building. I still recommend this duology, it's a quick and enjoyable read. 

                             Rating: 3,7 Stars




The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson

I liked this book because we got a lot of character development for Lisbeth and there were some new and interesting characters, but I think that the mystery was all over the place and the book dragged a little. I still really enjoyed it. 

                                              Rating: 4 Stars



The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson

I really liked this book, I loved the romantic relationship that started in this book, I  liked the new characters, and I really liked the ending. It's not a 5 star book because when the main characters finally arrived to their destination what happened there was a bit disappointing. 

                                     Rating: 4,5 stars


The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson

This book was a good end to the series, but there were some things I would have changed. I really enjoyed the first part; actually I enjoyed most of it, it was just the last bit that I found lackluster. 

                                         Rating: 4 Stars



Cupcakes, Trinkets and Other Deadly Magic by Meghan Ciana Doidge

I read this book because it was free on Amazon, and I liked it. It had and interesting cast of creatures, and the mytological aspect was well explained, things like the rules about their behavior and their interactions. Nonetheless,  I feel like this book tried to hard to be funny, the plot was quite predictable, and the main character was frustrating because she couldn't see the things that were right in front of her eyes. 

                                                     Rating: 3,5 Stars


Have you read any of this books? What are you thoughts about them? What did you read in december? 





Labels:

35 36 37 38